Information and advice
Understanding the options available to your family can be confusing. The pages in this area of the site are designed to help you make good decisions about the options available.
There is also an easy to follow resource pack about local provisions for parent carers and practitioners who support children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities in Somerset.
How to use the site
Find advice and guidance either through searching, using the search box in the top right of the screen, or use the left hand menu to go to the area of the site that seems most appropriate for you, such as Childcare, Education or Keeping Safe.
You can find out about Somerset's Local Offer here.
If you can't find what you are looking for, please contact us for more information.
Why is it needed?
Our aim is to provide comprehensive information and advice about support services in Somerset. This will help people understand how support services work locally, the funding options available, and how people can access support services.
- what types of care and support are available
- what care and support services are available to local people, that is, what local providers offer certain types of services
- how people can get the support that is available
- where people can find independent financial advice
- how people can raise concerns about the safety or wellbeing of someone who has support needs
View the core standards of education support that the local authority expects to be available for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.