Somerset's Accessibility Strategy and Schools Access Initiative
We are driven to make accessibility easier in all of our provision.
With this in mind, we have produced the Accessibility Strategy
It is part of the School's Access Initiative.
Through the School Access Initiative the County Council and mainstream schools can:
- meet their Equality Act planning duties
- develop the accessibility of schools in Somerset and meet their Children and Families Act duties
- support schools and parents to meet the complex physical and access needs of children and young people
The type of adaptation needed must:
- be for a mainstream school
- relate to disability and special educational needs
- be over and above what is normally available in a mainstream school
There are ways that schools can apply for accessibility funding. You can find more information in the Schools Access Initiative Funding Guidance