skip to main content
  • Login
  • Register

Care and support

When a young person reaches 18 years old, Adult Social Care services take over the responsibility for providing their social care.

When you transfer to Adult Social Care, the services you need may change. For example, in some cases you will no longer be eligible for the services you have been receiving, or your carer may need more support.

Children's Services and Adult Social Care will work closely together before you are 18 to make sure everyone understands what is needed.

This section of the website gives you information about organisations that can help you, represent you and speak up for you, or support you to speak up for yourself.