Somerset's Local Offer
Somerset's Local Offer is about services and support available locally for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) from birth to 25.
You can find local Services now
We are constantly developing, updating and reviewing the Local Offer.
The film below tells children and young people with SEND information about the Local Offer. It also covers how children and young people and their families can get involved in their local area to give their views and opinions about what services should be offered.
The Local Offer covers:
- education, health and care provision for children and young people with SEND
- arrangements for identifying and assessing children and young people with SEND, including arrangements for requesting an EHC needs assessment
- other education provision (outside of schools or colleges, such as sports or arts provision) training provision, including apprenticeships
- arrangements for travel to and from schools, post-16 institutions and early years providers
- support to help children and young people in moving between phases of education and to prepare for adulthood
- sources of information, advice and support in the area relating to SEND, parent carer forums, support groups, childcare and leisure activities
- arrangements for making complaints, for the resolution of disagreements, mediation and parents' and young people's rights to appeal
Feedback about the Local Offer
We have a page where you can tell us what you think of the Local Offer and which says how we use that feedback.
Complaints, comments and compliments about Somerset County Council's services or actions